I realize it's already the second of the month, so whatever resolutions I'm making that I didn't start on yesterday can basically be thrown out the window for the year, but I am goal setting and thinking about the year ahead anyway!
There's been a not-so-subtle shift in my enthusiasm about making new years resolutions. I used to think a new year was an arbitrary time to endeavor to change your life, when you could take the same steps on literally any other day of the year.
But I have a lot of appreciation for the momentum that new years holds: when everyone is setting goals and thinking about what they want their life to look like in the year ahead, resolution-making is more fun.
My goals for the new year:
- Drink more water! I'm one of those people who thinks being hydrated is the answer to 90% of my problems. Am also not good at drinking the recommended 80 oz/day.
- Get dressed most days. I say *most* because the option to not get dressed is a huge perk of staying home to me. But would like this to be more the exception and not the rule in 2019.
- Create and stick to a chore schedule. A chart of some sort? Maybe a competition? TBD.
- Learn to reliably use "manual" mode on my camera.
- Send cards for birthdays/special occasions. Feeling good about this one because I have a system in place.
- Regularly wake up before Baby. I have realized this is key to getting my required me time.
- Post 3x/week.
- Save money to buy a house. We won't actually be buying a house for probably 3 years, but I think actively saving for it will make it feel like we won't be forever renters.
- Rehab some furniture.
- Figure out the Instant Pot. So far we have a hate/hate relationship. I would like to make things work in 2019.
- Make the bed every day. We have a whoever is the last in bed has to make it rule here, but I can count on one hand the number of times I've been the first out of bed in our 3.5 years of marriage. So I'm accepting this is my responsibility.
- Read 12 books.
- Eat breakfast every day. I am bad at breakfast unless it's basically already made (like this). Currently eating shortbread from Christmas and counting it.
- Finish the apartment and share it here!
- Start doing video for the blog! Currently in the works. Exciting!
- Take fun day trips.
Happy New Year!