I bought a mint plant a couple of weekends ago with the sole intention of using the mint to make mojitos. But, I guess it’s true what they say about mint being a weed, and I’m sorry to say that my mojito consumption cannot keep up with my mint plant’s production.
So, I combined some of my non-mojito mint with fresh, plump, summer strawberries, jalapeño, red onion, and lime juice to make strawberry salsa.
Then I started eating strawberry salsa with everything, and it is good on everything: On regular tortilla chips, salads, all of our summertime grilled meats, even ice cream – if you’re really feeling wild.
My mojito consumption is now being tempered by my strawberry salsa consumption, that’s how good it is.
Maybe I’ll just get a separate mint plant for my mojitos.
A fruity variation on classic salsa. Good with chips, in salad, or on meat!
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and diced
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- Mix all ingredients together. Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.