If you can fit your whole dinner on a single sheet pan, you are winning at LIFE.
For this sheet pan dinner, marinated strips of chicken and bell pepper and onions get tossed on a sheet pan and charred up in the oven for a totally satisfying fajita!
If you're in a pinch and a marinade isn't in the cards for you, you can use the same seasoning and toss everything together in olive oil to coat and proceed as usual.
Toss your charred up chicken and veggies in a tortilla and dinner is ready!
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
FOR THE MARINADE
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
FOR THE FAJITAS
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 1-inch strips
- 3 bell peppers, sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- For serving: tortillas
- Whisk together all marinade ingredients.Place chicken strips in a container to marinate. Combine sliced onions and peppers in a separate container. Divide marinade evenly between both containers and toss well to combine. Marinate at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Remove chicken and vegetables from marinade and place on a sheet pan lined with foil. Bake 20 minutes, flipping halfway through, until vegetables are slightly charred and chicken is fully cooked. Serve on tortillas.