Fettuccini noodles in a creamy white wine sauce with roasted asparagus, broccoli, red pepper, onion, and grape tomatoes. This Creamy Roasted Vegetable Pasta is part pasta primavera, part alfredo, and always satisfying!
This Creamy Roasted Vegetable Pasta is like a veggie-forward alfredo, which makes it feel lighter but still so creamy!
It comes together really quickly since the veggies, sauce, and noodles can be cooking simultaneously. A really easy option for busy weeknights, but substantial enough for fancier occasions.
All the vegetables are roasted here, which makes it so easy! Asparagus, grape tomatoes, onion, red pepper, and broccoli all perfectly cooked in 20 minutes on a sheet pan while the sauce and noodles cook.
And while roasting is most popular with winter vegetables, it works really well for tender spring/summer ones, too! The asparagus, onion, peppers, and broccoli are perfectly tender-crisp, and the tomatoes are bursting. All with lots of salt and pepper and so much flavor!
Also, I would like to go on the record saying that roasted broccoli is broccoli's best form.
This is a really simple white wine cream sauce that always turns out. Just butter, garlic, white wine, half and half, and parmesan.
It will start out looking kind of runny, but as you stir the noodles in the sauce, it will all thicken up to perfectly coat every bite!
Be sure to use freshly grated parmesan here. The coating on the pre-shredded kind prevents it from melting into the sauce smoothly.
Once the noodles are combined with the sauce, you'll stir in the roasted vegetables. Then serve hot! (Topped with more parmesan, of course.)
Long noodles will work best for this. Since they're vigorously stirred into the sauce after cooking, you'll want something that can withstand lots of handling.
The recipe calls for fettuccini, but you can substitute any long noodle you want!
Serve this with
- This caesar salad
- A make-ahead garlic bread
- Grilled meats - Do steak or chicken in your pasta, or have this pasta as a veggie/starch side dish!
Creamy Roasted Vegetable Pasta
For the Pasta
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup asparagus tips (from about 1 pound of asparagus)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 pint half and half (2 cups)
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the noodles according to package directions.Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss the vegetables with the olive oil, salt, and pepper on a large sheet pan. Spread in a single layer and roast for 15-20 minutes, until tomatoes begin to burst.Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large pan with high sides over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Pour in the white wine and simmer for 3 minutes. Stir in the half and half and cook 2-3 minutes, just until heated through. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese.Add the strained noodles to the pan with the sauce and stir vigorously for 2 minutes, until sauce is thick and evenly coats the noodles. Stir in the roasted vegetables and serve immediately.