Make a quick + easy balloon garland to add so much fun and whimsy to your next event or party!
I got really into making balloon garlands a couple of years ago, and my passion for them remains unfettered. They are so fun!
Birthday? Balloon garland.
Graduation party? Balloon garland.
Bridal/baby shower? DEFINITELY a balloon garland.
If you have the right supplies and system, you can have a fun + festive balloon garland in no time!
I love balloon garlands because they are so EASY to DIY, add a lot in the way of festive decor with minimal effort, you can put them anywhere, and you can make them any size - big for a whimsical arch or do a smaller one for a fun backdrop.
- A balloon pump - This is key! you can have 50 balloons inflated in 10 minutes. (If you don't want to buy one, do what I did and talk your mom into buying one then borrow it any time you need it.)
- Balloons - I am convinced you can buy balloons to fit ANY aesthetic/theme via Amazon.
- Balloon tape - Basically a strip of plastic with holes in it. Pop the tied ends of your balloons through the holes and voila, you have a balloon garland!
- Yarn - Use this to hang your finished garland.
- Scotch tape - For adding any balloons once the garland is hung and it's impossible to reach the balloon tape.
- Inflate and tie all the balloons (10 minutes) - You can do some big and some small if you like a variety of sizes. Corral them somewhere so you don't lose them. Again, I cannot overemphasize how life changing an electric balloon pump is for this step.
- Pop the balloon ends through the balloon tape (10 minutes) - I like to do every 3 holes of the tape if I'm using standard size balloons. Don't overthink what side of the tape you're putting them through or if you're doing the same color too much in a row - it's easy to twist them around once it's done to rearrange.
- Hang the garland (5 minutes) - Loop a long piece of yarn through the balloon tape and tie it off. Hook the yarn wherever you want to hang the garland. Repeat until it is affixed as desired.
- Fill in the garland (2 minutes) - if any balloons popped off during the hanging process, use tape to tape them in any bare looking spots.
- Enlist a friend - This goes even faster if you can have one person inflating balloons and another person popping them into the balloon tape.
- Don't cut the balloon tape too short - You can always trim it if it's too long, but it's hard to make a short garland longer.
- I recommend making the garland the same day as your event. I wouldn't make it any more than 24 hours in advance - balloons start to look sad after a day or so.