This creamy, Mexican-esque dressing is a go-to for all summer salads! It's so refreshing and flavorful, just a touch spicy, and is creamy enough to perfectly coat a salad. Also delicious on tacos, burritos, fajitas, rice bowls, chips, and grilled veggies... Pretty much anything you can think of!
We have this dressing as a staple in our fridge in the summer because it is so fresh and delicious! While we mostly eat it on salads, is really is good on just about everything, and can make even the most mundane sandwich feel like an artful creation.
- Lime juice - This dressing is heavy on the lime juice, which makes it so refreshing! Be sure to use freshly-squeezed here.
- Jalapeño - Gives it spice and some fresh pepper flavor. I remove the seeds to tame the spice a bit, but you can leave them in if you want more of a kick.
- Honey - Just a touch of sweetness to balance out the heat and sour. I love using honey in dressings because it emulsifies so easily.
- Cilantro - Adds so much flavor. No need to carefully pick off leaves - just lob off the leafy end from the stems. Since you are blending everything together here anyway, no one will even know.
- Avocado - A ripe avocado makes this dressing so creamy, without any dairy or tricky emulsion techniques. This dressing's crema-like texture is all thanks to the avocado. Use a ripe one!
How To Make:
This dressing comes together in about 10 minutes! The most time-intensive process is juicing your limes. So settle in with a good citrus juicer, roughly chop the jalapeño, cilantro, avocado, and garlic, then add all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and purée until smooth.
This dressing keeps extremely well! Thanks to the lime juice, it won't turn an off putting brown color. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
I like to keep this in a squeeze bottle for easy application and the perfect drizzle on tacos, salads, etc.
Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (this is roughly one handful)
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, roughly chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Adjust seasoning to taste. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
I guess what I am really telling you is that you should eat this dressing on everything this summer because it is THAT GOOD.
Leave a Reply