I am convinced that a warm bagel with a thick schmear of cream cheese is one of the greater luxuries in life.
I have yet to have a bad cream cheese, but the veggie variety has always been a favorite of mine. I am liking this homemade veggie cream cheese as an easy way to clear out the vegetable odds and ends that seem to always be accumulating in our crisper drawer.
Spread on a warm everything bagel is my favorite way to eat this. It also is good on sandwiches, in wraps, and on bagel chips!
Veggie Cream Cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced carrot
- 1 tablespoon diced celery
- 1 green onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Adjust seasoning to taste.