Simple butter done right is one of the very best foods! Here it's whipped with honey and cinnamon and a touch of salt. Good on toast, pancakes, French toast, waffles, breads, biscuits, and rolls.
HOW TO WHIP BUTTER
Whipping butter adds in air to make it super light and spreadable. It could not be easier to make! All you need to do is:
- Soften butter - You need very soft butter for this. I usually leave a stick out overnight to make it in the morning, but a couple hours at room temperature should get it to a whippable temperature. If you're in a hurry, the microwave always works!
- Whip - Use a handheld or stand mixer to beat softened butter on medium speed for 5 minutes, until light and fluffy. Whipped butters can be sweet, savory, or just regular butter with a lighter texture. For this recipe, you'll add in honey, cinnamon, and salt here.
I am a usual proponent of keeping butter on the counter so it's always spreadable. This is how my French hosts stored their butter and it was so nice to always have soft butter at the ready. Articles like this and this have made me feel like I'm not risking people's health for perfect-temperature butter.
But! Since this butter has honey in it, and bacteria love sugar + moisture, I keep any leftovers in the fridge.
These jars are great for storing, and make it really easy to travel with this! Good bread + soft butter is a favorite potluck contribution of mine.
EAT IT ON
Everything! Just kidding. Sort of. Here are some favorites with this butter:
Whipped Honey Cinnamon Butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and use a handheld mixer or a stand mixer to whip on medium speed for 5 minutes - until light and fluffy.